Student assistants are temporary, part-time employees who are currently enrolled at the university. Their primary goal is to achieve a degree but their function is to supplement operational needs while gaining valuable work experience.
Use the links below to hire and rehire Federal Work Study and Non-Federal Work Study Student Assistants, Instructional Student Assistants, and Non-Resident Alien Student Assistants. Not to be used for Graduate Assistants or Teaching Associates.
*NOTE: Supervisors may not authorize students (new or rehired) to work until Human Resources notifies them that the hiring process is complete.
Additional Information and Resources
The below links require logging in to SharePoint with your SDSUId
- SDSU Student Employment Handbook
- 2024 Spring SEA Workshop Slides
- 2024 Spring SEA Workshop Recording
- Student Update - Spring 2024
- Revised CSU Guidelines for Student Assistants
- Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships (Federal Work Study)
- SSN Checklist for International Employee