Payroll FAQ

Frequently Asked Payroll Questions

All employees are paid once per month.

Please contact Payroll department at (619) 594-5251 or send email to [email protected].

Contact Payroll Services at 619-594-5251 immediately.

A lost pay warrant must have a stop payment placed on it. Once the state has verified that it has not been cashed, a replacement check will be issued. The process can take two to four weeks.

​​Pay warrants are valid for one year from the date of issue. If your warrant has an issue date older than one year contact Payroll Services at (619) 594-5251 regarding reissuing the warrant.

​​The State Controller's Office provides a calculator to help state employees determine their net pay. Please see Paycheck Calculator​.

Complete and submit the Direct Deposit Form​​​​ to Payroll Services. It generally takes 30 to 45 days for the Direct Deposit to be established through the Office of the State Controller.

You may update your address online via PeopleSoft Self Service​.​

W-2's are issued by January 31st each year and are mailed to the current address that is on file with Human Resources.

We can help determine where your W-2 was mailed, and send you the information necessary to obtain a new W-2 form. Please see W-2 Information. In the event your W-2 was undeliverable to your address on file it may have been forwarded to SDSU. Contact Payroll Services at 619-594-5251.

Vacation and sick leave accruals are determined by the type of position you hold with the university, as well as your status (full-time, part-time, hourly, etc). Please contact your Payroll Technician for information on your specific accruals.

See your Collective Bargaining Agreement​ (Vacation Article) for more information on accural rate increases.

Please see your Collective Bargaining Agreement​ for information on these limits. 

Eligible employees may accrue vacation hours to the maximum allowed as of December 31st. When computing the maximum allowable vacation limits include the December vacation accural.​

​​There is no limit to the amount of sick leave hours an employee can accrue.

You are able to keep funds on deposit or request a distribution. Contact the Benefits Office at 619-594-1142 for more information.

​​The department manager/supervisor is responsible for initiating the clearance process. Please see Separation & Clearance Process​.