Personal, Professional, and Military Leave

Personal Leave

Employees may request a full-time or part-time unpaid leave of absence for an extended duration for personal reasons. Personal leaves are subject to the approval of the Human Resources Director.  Please refer to your collective bargaining agreement for details.

Personal Leave of Absence Request Form

Professional Leave

Professional leaves of absence may be requested by Unit 3 (faculty) employees and may be granted by the University President. A professional leave may be for the purpose of research, advanced study, professional development or other purposes of benefit to the campus. Please contact the Office of Faculty Advancement for details at 619-594-6111.

Military Leave

Emergency military leave, temporary military leave, and indefinite military leave is granted to eligible employees in accordance with state and federal law.  Contact Benefits Services at 619-594-1144 if you have questions.